- On March 27, 2014, the Eighth International MANGA Award Executive Committee (Chairman: Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs) was held and the committee formally decided to hold the Eighth International MANGA Award.
- The Award’s entry acceptance information is as follows:
- Application period: Tuesday, April 15 to Saturday, May 31, 2014
- Application to be sent to Japanese diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the P.O. Box of the Eighth International MANGA Award
- The International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. Taro Aso with the aim of rewarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchange through MANGA. The award has been held every year since its establishment.
The MANGA judged the best among all the submitted works will be awarded the Gold Award, while the next three shall receive the Silver Awards. The recipients will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan, they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.